Today is International Women’s Day, a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
History of International Women’s Day
Since my passion is writing on the topic of women and retirement, I’m feeling inspired to share some of my favorite quotes on women, money and power – a topic that tends to cause social unease in some circles, I’ve noticed.
Since this is a day celebrating women, I’m only quoting women.
25 Quotes on Women, Money and Power
- “The thing women have got to learn is that nobody gives you power. You just take it.” –Roseanne Arnold
- “I would like to be known as an intelligent woman, a courageous woman, a loving woman, a woman who teaches by being.” –Maya Angelou
- “You will never be powerful in life until you are powerful with your own money.” –Suze Orman
- “I am not waiting for, or depending upon, the government or government legislation to solve any of my financial concerns. I do not believe they have the answers that will help you or me.” –Kim Kiyosaki
- “As long as women won’t save we’re not likely to have many women millionaires in this country.” –Hetty Green
- “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.” –Oprah Winfrey
- “A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.” –Jane Austen
- “God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I’ve ever met.” –Farrah Fawcett
- “A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” –Clare Boothe Luce
- “Women with money and women in power are two uncomfortable ideas in our society.” –Candace Bushnell
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “After you’re older, two things are possibly more important than any others: health and money.” –Helen Gurley Brown
- “Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct.” –Barbara Corcoran
- “A women knows by intuition, or instinct, what is best for herself.” –Marilyn Monroe
- “I have always believed that one woman’s success can only help another woman’s success.” –Gloria Vanderbilt
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” –Beyonce
- “Fearless is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over and again….even though every time you’ve tried before you’ve lost.” –Taylor Swift
- “A women is like a teabag – only in hot water do you realize how strong she is.” –Nancy Reagan
- “A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.” –Virginia Woolf
- “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” –Maya Angelou
21. “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” –Hillary Clinton
- “It’s not about having it all. It’s about having what you value most.” –Jean Chatzky
- “Show me a woman who doesn’t feel guilty and I’ll show you a man.” –Erica Jong
- “Globally, women stand to inherit 70 percent of the $41 trillion in intergenerational wealth transfer expected to take place over the next forty years. It is our duty to become masters of our money instead of slaves to it.” –Sharon Lechter
- “I want the power and the money, and I want them both.” –Vicki Gunvalson
Hello, I’m Patti Fagan. Women’s financial empowerment is my passion! I am an award-winning money coach and Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coach, dedicated to helping women transform their money relationship so they can experience financial peace of mind, and enjoy life knowing they’ll always have the money they need to take care of themselves and their loved ones.