The celebration of World Gratitude Day began in 1965 when an international gathering in Hawaii decided it would be good to dedicate one day of the year to express appreciation for all the good we enjoy in life.
As it turns out, when we intentionally focus our attention on appreciating even the smallest gifts in life, we alter our brain chemistry and the physiological state of our being. We are in effect optimizing our mind-body connection. In other words, practicing gratitude on a daily basis is really good for our mental and physical health.
To celebrate, here are my favorite gratitude quotes for you to enjoy.
19 Gratitude Quotes – by Women
- “Today I choose to live with gratitude for the love that fills my heart, the peace that rests within my spirit, and the voice of hope that says all things are possible.” ~Anonymous
- “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” ~Eileen Caddy
- “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” ~Kristin Armstrong
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” ~Amy Collette
- “When I wake up in the morning, I like to express my gratitude for being on the planet. That gratefulness makes me very present.” ~Trudie Styler
- “It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” ~Naomi Williams
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” ~Cynthia Ozick
- “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” ~Doris Day
- “We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean… and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect.” ~Michelle Obama
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~Melody Beattie
- “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” ~Rhonda Byrne
- “Let us swell with gratitude and allow it to overwhelm us. It isn’t as cliche as we make it; life truly is short. Let’s spend it all lavishly wallowing in gratitude.” ~Grace Gealey
- “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” ~Brene Brown
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ~Oprah Winfrey
- “We have to fill our hearts with gratitude. Gratitude makes everything that we have more than enough.” ~Susan L. Taylor
- “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” ~Mary Davis
- “Have gratitude for the things you’re discarding. By giving gratitude, you’re giving closure to the relationship with that object, and by doing so, it becomes a lot easier to let go.” ~Marie Kondo
- “I’m big on manners. I’m big on politeness. I’m big on gratitude.” ~Kate Hudson
- “When you know in your bones that your body is a sacred gift, you move in the world with an effortless grace. Gratitude and humility rise up spontaneously.” ~Debbie Ford
Happy World Gratitude Day!
As an award-winning spiritual life & money coach who is highly trained in the financial & insurance services industry, my focus is women, healing and financial empowerment. Currently, I’m fascinated by the mind-body-money connection because this is where you truly release the blocks and patterns that are holding you back from enjoying the financial success you truly desire.
My goal is to help you break free of the blocks and patterns that hold you back in any aspect of your financial journey. But, more importantly, I want you to be able to retire with enough money to take care of your needs throughout your golden years (when you can no longer work), no matter how long you may live.