We talk a lot about the wage disparity for women. But celebrating women, money, and power is important, too. Here are some promising numbers we cannot ignore:
- Women are starting companies at an unprecedented rate. (American Express, VISA & INC.)
- They are increasingly becoming family breadwinners and accumulating massive wealth.
- Women are slated to control two-thirds of the wealth in the U.S. by 2030 (Federal Reserve).
- Women will inherit seventy-percent of future wealth over the next two generations. (That’s wealth inherited from both from our parents and from the husbands we’ll outlive.)
- Women own almost a third of U.S. businesses.
- 1 in 3 women lives in or on the brink of poverty. (The Shriver Report)
- Fewer than 2 in 10 women feel “very prepared” to make wise financial decisions.
- Half indicate that they “need some help,” and one-third feels that they “need a lot of help.” (Financial Experience & behaviors Among Women 2010-2011)
While our financial status is definitely on the improve, we still need to be intentional about increasing our ability to handle money responsibly and grow our wealth to sustain us for a lifetime.
One way to increase our financial savviness is to read more about personal finance, financial planning, and retirement planning. Spending even just five minutes a day reading a financial book, article, or blog (such as mine!) is enough to expand your awareness.
When it comes to personal finances, the more we increase our knowledge, the more our confidence with money increases, too.
Need some inspiration? Here are three blog posts to help you:
How are you celebrating women, money, and power? I’d love to hear!
Hello! I’m Patti Fagan! I’m a Christian Business & Life Coach, Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coach, former retirement planner, and digital creator. I’m also an award-winning author and prayer warrior, serving on the prayer team at my local church.
I provide digital content and resources to support my sisters-in-Christ in their finances, faith, and business. I’m on a mission to help you create six-figure success while honoring God and sharing your gifts with the world.
What has God called you to do?
Let’s do it together!
My free gift: Christian Women Entrepreneurs Success Kit! Join HERE and get instant access.